RFP2 - Wave 1 Projects in Contracting Phase
CESMII is pleased to announce that eight (8) project proposals submitted in response to the RFP2 – Wave 1 open solicitation have successfully completed negotiations and moved into the contracting phase. The teams selected for negotiation are listed below.
- Auburn University and Rayonier Advanced Materials will develop a soft sensor and predictive control for anti-foaming agent usage, wash water flow, and pulp quality in paper manufacturing using statistics pattern analysis and machine learning.
- Baxter Solutions and Purdue University will develop real-time, non-invasive, process monitoring system for pharmaceutical lyophilization (also known as freeze-drying) equipment based on a wireless network of vacuum and temperature sensors.
- Honeywell, Virginia Tech, Bodycote, and Seco-Warwick will develop new sensors, monitoring and data analytic methods and apply them to three industrially relevant thermal processes.
- Pennsylvania State University, Texas A&M University (TAMU), and University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) will develop novel self-powered sensors and identify actuators needed to collect information and respond to actions for machines including legacy machines for key applications.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and IBM will develop a modeling engine with sophisticated predictive capabilities to model a variety of manufacturing processes and demonstrate the capabilities on a critical complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor transistor manufacturing process.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and Janssen Pharmaceuticals will develop advanced process models, sensors and data integration architecture that will be demonstrated on wet granulation, drying and milling in pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- UTRC, Purdue University, and the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology Inc. will develop a simulation and testing framework to determine the feasibility of using ultrasound to mitigate dirty white spot defects in forged IN 718 turbine parts in the Vacuum Arc Remelting process.
- West Virginia University, University of Buffalo, and Indiana Technology and Manufacturing Companies (ITAMCO) will develop and test hybrid modeling for energy efficient grinding processes for gear manufacturing in collaboration with the industrial partners.
RFP2 - Wave 1 projects were proposed under the Enabling R&D project class. Such projects serve to explore emerging technologies or close specific technology gaps in the CESMII Roadmap.
The project teams above have completed the proposal and negotiation phases and will move to project execution after completing the contracting phase.
Updates for these projects will be provided as available.
Our ecosystem is inclusive by design,and everyone has a role to play.
Come find yours!
JOIN US >
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California
(888) 720-8096 | email@example.com
© 2019 CESMII - The Smart Manufacturing Institute, A Program in UCLA